Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Simple Little Rhyme

As I've stated in the past, love is one of my inspirations. With Valentines Day approaching, my poetic persona, The Autumn Sun, got creative. Enjoy...


A Simple Little Rhyme 

 I woke up this morning with you on my mind
Then I closed my eyes and try to rewind time
Back to last night when we were together
We escaped to “our world” where no one else mattered
We laughed, we kissed, we held each other tight
We giggled, we talked, we mmmmm…yeah, that was nice

Then a smile appeared on my face…There’s no need to rewind time
Because you love me, I love you and you are all mine
What we share is tailored made just for us
We refuse to let others in because they’ll raise such a fuss
They’ll ridicule and criticize and try their best to taint
Something so beautiful, a love so pure that even the strong will faint
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again
You’ve made me a believer in love…in happily ever afters…You are a rare gem

I got mad love for you, baby…can’t you see
I got mad love for you, baby…I know I can make you happy
Yes, me…the one standing right before your very eyes
Don’t look to the left…she’s filling your head with lies
Don’t look to the right…she’ll only raise her glass for her own toast
Don’t look back…that witch was the one who hurt you the most
Look at what’s in front of you
Everything you desire is all right here
You can trust my love…you don’t have to fear

I woke up this morning with you on my mind
A song in my heart and this simple little rhyme


- The Autumn Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment