Thursday, July 16, 2015

Don't Believe Me? Just Watch!

As I was sitting here looking over the 3-5 year plan for Corey’s Sound Foundation for Autism, I got really excited. The vision for the foundation is HUGE! We’re talking adult daycare, summer camp, therapy sessions, family support group, parent support group, sibling support group, programs for autism siblings and the list goes on. 

I’m grinning at this vision like a Cheshire cat. Then fear begins to infiltrate my thoughts and strike up a conversation: “What makes you think you can do something like this? Something on this magnitude?  It’s way too big! You can’t even raise the funds needed to become a 501C3! And who’s to say that if by chance you do get the 501C3 status that there will be grant money or any money out there for you? What will make your foundation standout amongst the rest? What will make families want to trust this unknown, inexperienced organization? Think about it, you don’t have any support. You’re the only one passionate about this.  Let this dream go and allow those organizations that are already established and doing quite well handle this.”

*sigh* I will not lie. I thought about what fear said, especially the part about not being able to raise the money needed to become a 501C3. I also thought about those who I asked to help and those who offered to help but they didn’t come through. I even thought about those already established organizations and how they have a pretty significant presence in the autism world. My Cheshire grin began to disappear.

Then who comes bouncing into the room laughing hysterically? My Corey Man!  And all the reasons why the foundation was started to begin with tackled me like a 350lb defensive back.  I’m looking at this vision plan, grinning once again like a Cheshire cat. And my response to fear and doubt is, “I CAN and I WILL do this thing here because Christ not only strengthens me but He also got my back! Don't believe me? Just watch!” 


Now I’m eagerly preparing for our next fundraiser, looking for office space and  humming the chorus of a song from Mary Mary: “I just can’t give up now! I’ve come to far from where I started from. Nobody told me that the road would be easy and I don’t believe He brought me this far to leave me!”   

1 comment: