Thursday, June 27, 2013

What I learned from my dog

This morning, Maverick, our four month old puppy, brought me the tennis ball. He wanted to play fetch. There was only one problem. He doesn't know how to release the ball. But I decided to play with him anyway. I took the ball, after having to pry it from his mouth and threw it. He chased it and brought it back to me with his tail just a wagging. Again, I had to pry the ball  from his mouth so that we could continue the game. After the third time, the Lord said to me, "My people are just like Maverick." I was puzzled at first, then it me.

“Pile your troubles on God’s shoulders; he’ll carry your load, he’ll help you out” Psalm 55:22 (MSG)

“God cares for you, so turn all your worries over to him.” I Peter 5:7 (CEV)

The Bible clearly tells us what to do with our problems, turn it over to Him. But when we do, we have a tendency to be like Maverick. We bring it to Him but we don't let go. Some of us do let go then God throws it away and we go back and get it. At some point we have to let go of the situation, the problem, the addiction  and trust God. At some point we have to believe that He's able, He can and He will handle it. And then we have to allow Him to do what He does best...be God! He said it in Psalm4:10, "Be still and know that I am God”

Stop stressing over it, stop trying to fix it, stop trying to make it better. Today I want you to truly release your burden to the Lord, and leave it there. As the song says “He can handle it! That’s a fact!”

No comments:

Post a Comment