Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I Am A Woman Of My Word

My favorite season is vastly approaching…Football Season! And I must honor a vow I made 6 years ago.

I use to be a huge St. Louis Rams fan. From the time they moved to St. Louis;  to the days of “The Greatest Show on Turf”;  to that Super Bowl win and lose;  to seeing the great players leave one by one; to the revolving door of coaches.  But I stopped being a fan not because of the crappy seasons that followed but because of one man, #39 Steven Jackson.

How can one man, one of the best running backs in the game, an inspiring leader, an uplifting motivator for his team mates, a strong competitor and an exciting player to watch, make me dislike an entire team? Here's how.

2007, Rams are having a lousy season and what does Steven Jackson do? He lashes out at the fans. Yes, I took it personal! Starting that day, I told my husband that I will not be a Rams fan as long as Steven Jackson was still on the roster.  I figured it would be a while before I don the blue & gold again. For starters, the Rams would never give up their star player.  And secondly, the Rams hired Jeff Fisher and Jackson wouldn’t dare leave with one of the greats at the helm.  But I was wrong...for #39 is now a Falcon.

So with that being said…as we near the 2013-14 season…I have taken my Rams jersey out of storage. GO RAMS!

No comments:

Post a Comment